Uncategorized |2 min read
COVID-19 Update. Procedure & Protocol for reopening Dental offices on May 4th 2020
Patient Appointments during COVID-19
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
- Do you have any of the following respiratory symptoms? Fever, Sore Throat, Cough,
Shortness of Breath?
- Have you recently lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Do you have any GI symptoms? Diarrhea? Nausea?
- Even if you don’t currently have any of the above symptoms, have you experienced any
of these symptoms in the last 14 days? How long ago?
If positive responses to questions 1-6 refer patient to primary health care provider and/or have them monitor symptoms. We cannot schedule dental treatment at this time and will follow up in two weeks.
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the United States by air or cruise ship in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled within the United States by air, bus or train within the past 14 days?
If positive responses to questions 7-9 we cannot schedule dental treatment at this time and will follow up in two weeks.
If the patient is emergent, a doctor will contact them for a phone consult as soon as possible.
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
-check their temperature before the leave their house for their appointment (temperature must be below 100.4)
-does not need to bring companions to appointment; if they do, they will have to sit in their vehicle (parents/care givers will not be allowed in the treatment rooms unless absolutely necessary; they must pass screening prior to entering and will have to wait in the reception area) -update paperwork prior to appointment or they will be rescheduled; link https://www.ident.ws/template_include/new_patient_sign_in.do?site=8204&practiceId=28853 -check in at the front door; there your temperature will be recorded and given a surgical mask if they do not already have one (please bring your own if possible); if the staff is not ready for the patient, they may have to wait in their car
-remain 6 feet away from other persons when possible, practice hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
-patient will rinse with a hydrogen peroxide prior to be seated in treatment room
The patient should contact the office if they experience COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after dental appointment